The three Ayurvedic types
Are you a type of air, fire or earth?
Vata, Pitta or Kapha - According to the Ayurvedic philosophy, each person has the three forms of life energy "Doshas" in different proportions. The combination of these energy flows individually determines your body and character composition. The harmonious balance of the Doshas promotes your health as well as the endurance of your body.
Vata - air
- stands for physical and mental flexibility
- is associated with breathing and digestion
- rather dry skin and freezes quickly
- often suffers from digestive problems
Pitta - fire
- regulates the utilization of food in the body
- can plan well
- loves it cool and has rather oily skin
Kapha - earth
- stands for stability and structure in humans
- Thick hair and tends to overweight
- good memory
Every human being has from birth an individual constitution of the three doshas, whereby one force can be predominantly and the other only minimally pronounced. The Dosha distribution can be determined with the help of accurate questioning, physical examination and observation by an Ayurvedic doctor.
However, very few people retain their original constitution. Due to psychological stress, wrong way of life and other external circumstances, this individually determined interaction can be derailed. This will make the person sick. Each ayurvedic therapy aims to restore the original constellation type of human. He then feels balanced and strong.