Holistic health treatments
Our organism consists of many structures, like bones, muscles and organs, which are all connected with each other. If one of those structures experiences a dysfunction then this is reflected in restrictions in mobility.
Specifically directed and applied hand movements and pressure detect dysfunctions and alleviate them at their root. You will feel a significant improvement in your mobility! This kind of treatment is especially effective in cases of back and neck pain, headache and migraine, false posture, complaints of the sciatic nerve, pain in the lumbar region, numbness in the hands and the so-called “restless-leg-syndrome“.
Physiotherapy & manual therapy*
Individual examination, physiotherapy treatment and internationally recognised Master’s level manual physiotherapy.
Duration: approx. 40 minutes€ 75,-
Special check of muscle function. Your therapist manually performs muscle stretch and strength tests to analyse physical inactivity and mobility, as well as the length and strength of all muscles.
Duration: approx. 40 minutes€ 75,-
* Booking process:
Please contact the Lindenhof reception before 8am on Mondays to make an appointment for the Wednesday morning. We can also enquire with Dr Christanell’s team about alternative appointment times.
Dr. Franz Christanell
- 1992 - 1996 Training as management assistant in hotel and hospitality with higher education entrance level at the »Kaiserhof« College of Hotel Management in Merano
- 1997 - 2001 University education in sport science and achieving the rer. nat. master’s degree at the Leopold Franzens University in Innsbruck
- 2001 - 2004 Training as physiotherapist and achievement of the »Physiotherapist« degree with distinction at the West – Innsbruck Training Centre
- 2004 - 2006 Doctoral programme of sport science at the Leopold Franzens University in Innsbruck and achievement of the Dr. rer. nat. degree with distinction. Dissertation topic: Reconstruction and rehabilitation of the anterior cruciate ligament
- 2006 - 2010 Various courses specialising in manipulative therapy in Germany, Switzerland and Austria
- 2010 - 2012 Double degree at the Zurich University of Applied Sciences/ZHAW: Degrees:
MAS (Master of Advanced Studies) in musculoskeletal physiotherapy – Master’s thesis: Systematic Review on the topic: anterior cruciate ligament – operative and conservative procedure. Internationally accredited title for highest manipulative therapy OMT SVOMP@ (orthopaedic manipulative therapy registered with the Swiss Association for Orthopaedic Manipulative Physiotherapy)
- Further education in CANADA and STUTTGART (Stuttgart Sports Clinic), topics: knee injuries, spinal pain and shoulder injuries as part of the physiotherapeutic training.
- The thesis »Reconstruction and rehabilitation of the anterior cruciate ligament« was completed in cooperation with casualty surgeon Dr Christian Hoser and University Professor Dr Christian Fink of the Innsbruck University Hospital in 2006. With this, new innovative knowledge in knee rehabilitation could be gained for the benefit of patients who had undergone knee surgery. The findings of the thesis were published in a poster presentation at the 12th ESSKA Convention (European Society of Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy) 2006 in Innsbruck – AUSTRIA. The randomly tested study was published in the SMARTT journal 2012.
- 2006 - 2008 Dr Christanell worked as physiotherapist and chief scientist at HUBER Sporttherapie & Training in Rum/Innsbruck.
- 2008 Dr Christanell opened his own surgery in Naturns. Aim was to implement an innovative concept where a holistic package of physiotherapy, osteopathy, medical training therapy, nutrition counselling and energetic types of treatments (Shiatsu) is made available to amateur sportsmen and women as well as top athletes and non-active people.
- Dr Christanell and his team (a physiotherapist, a masseuse and a sports scientist/ Shiatsu practitioner) currently work at Sporttherapie Dr. Christanell in Naturns. He also holds guest lectures about current topics like »Sports Injuries« or »Back and Neck Complaints« for companies, clubs and general practitioners in South Tyrol and the surrounding area.